Supervisor: Prof. Dr. Tanja A. Börzel
Topic of PhD Thesis: Competing Foreign Normative Powers in Latin America: Comparative Study on China and the European Union
Freie Universität Berlin
Doctoral Researcher, RU Orders
Education and Work Experience
10/2016 - 11/2018: University of Lisbon, M.Sc. International Relations
09/2012 - 06/2016: Macao University of Science and Technology, B.A. Foreign Language Studies
Academic Appointments, Scientific Activities & Outreach
- 01/2019 - 06/2019: European Union's Horizon 2020 project "Competing Regional Integrations in Southeast Asia" at University of Lisbon, Portugal, Assistant Researcher
- 03/2019 - 06/2019: United Nations University Institute on Comparative Regional Integration Studies, Belgium, Visiting Scholar
- 10/2018 - 01/2019: European Union Chamber of Commerce in China, China, Government Affairs Assistant
- 07/2014 - 08/2014: High People’s Court of Guangdong Province of the People's Republic of China, China, Administrative Assistant
- 10/2013 - 11/2013: Ministry of Commerce of the People's Republic of China, China, Liaison Trainee
Fellowships, Stipends and Awards
- 01/2019 - 06/2019: European Union's Horizon 2020 monthly scholarship - Competing Regional Integrations in Southeast Asia (CRISEA)
- 03/2018: <Portal Martim Moniz> Award - Institute of Social and Political Sciences, University of Lisbon
- 10/2016: Best Graduate Award, Rector's Honor List - Macao University of Science and Technology
- 12/2014: Best Position Paper Award - European Union Office to Hong Kong and Macao
- International Relations Theory
- Comparative Politics
- South-South Cooperation
- Normative Power
- Wu, L 2022: "The Russian invasion of Ukraine as a contestation of the liberal script? - № 6: Why Is Beijing Not Embracing Kremlin’s Aggression?", Blogpost, Scripts Blog No. 43, March 2022.
- Hosli, M, Noack, I, Johnson, R, Wu, L 2019, 'A New Order or No Order: the Impact of EU-China-US Relationship and Its Impact on Global Order'. In the Evolving Relationship between China, the European Union and the USA. Contemporary Asia Series. Routledge.
- Valente, A, Wu, L 2019, 'Low-Carbon Transition of the Power Sector in Southeast Asia: A Case Analysis on Thailand in the Face of Disruptive Technologies'. Working Paper Series 2019/4. Available from: http://cris.unu.edu/low-carbon-transition-power-sector-southeast-asia-case-analysis-thailand-face-disruptive.
- Wu, L 2018, 'External Great Powers as Drivers for Regional Integration and Cooperation: A Comparative Study on Central Asia and Southeast Asia'. UNU Institute on Comparative Regional Integration Studies, Working Paper Series 2018/3. Bruges: UNU-CRIS. Available from: http://cris.unu.edu/external-great-powers-drivers-regional-integration-and-cooperation-comparative-study-central-asia.
- Wu, L 2017, 'The Ascension of National Populism in the West and China's Foreign Policy'. Daxiyangguo - Portuguese Journal of Asian Studies No. 22/2017, pp.3-26. Lisbon: ISCSP. Available from: http://ioriente.iscsp.ulisboa.pt/en/daxiyangguo.
- In collaboration. Strategic Outlook 2019: Internacionalização das Empresas Portuguesas - China, Índia e Indonésia. ISCSP: Lisbon.