Supervisor: Prof. Dr. Thomas Risse
Topic of PhD Thesis: The Politics of Norms: A Study of International Organizations
Freie Universität Berlin
Education and Work Experience
- Since 09/2018: Free University Berlin, Berlin Graduate School for Global and Transregional Studies, Ph.D. Candidate
- 10/2016 - 07/2017: University of Cambridge, M.Phil. Sociology
- 09/2015 - 06/2016: University of Cambridge, Graduate Diploma Economics
- 04/2011 - 03/2015: Kalaidos University of Appl. Sciences, B.Sc. Business Administration
Academic Appointments, Scientific Activities & Outreach
- 04/2017 - 09/2018: Blavatnik School of Government at University of Oxford. Project 'Capitalism in Society', Research Assistant
- 07/2016 - 08/2016: Department of Sociology at University of Cambridge. Project 'IMF Lending & Socio-Economic Development: The Evolution & Consequences of Structural Adjustment, 1985-2014', Research Assistant
Fellowships, Stipends and Awards
- 09/2018 - 08/2021: German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD), graduate studies scholarship
Natural Language Processing
- Forster, T., Kentikelenis, A.E., Stubbs, T.H., and King, L.P., In Press. "Globalization and health equity: the impact of structural adjustment programs on developing countries." Social Science & Medicine. Available from: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.socscimed.2019.112496.
- Forster, T., and Kentikelenis, A.E., 2019. 'Austerity and health in Europe: disentangling the causal links'. European Journal of Public Health, vol. 29, no. 5, pp. 808-809. Available from: https://doi.org/10.1093/eurpub/cky249.
- Forster, T., Kentikelenis, A.E., Reinsberg, B., Stubbs, T.H., and King, L.P., 2019.'How structural adjustment programs affect inequality: A disaggregated analysis of IMF conditionality, 1980–2014'. Social Science Research, vol. 80 (May), pp. 83-113. Available from: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ssresearch.2019.01.001.
- Forster, T., Kentikelenis, A.E., and Bambra, C., 2018.'Health inequalities in Europe: Setting the stage for progressive policy action'. Brussels: Foundation for European Progressive Studies / Think-tank for Action on Social Change. Available from: https://refubium.fu-berlin.de/handle/fub188/23222.