Liberal ideas and institutions for organizing societies have constantly been under pressure and successfully overcome threats in the past. Yet, the attraction of other models is growing. Liberal scripts have to compete increasingly with alternative scripts and agendas for organizing societies – be they run by authoritarian, populist, fundamentalist or cleptocratic regimes. Are liberal democracies confident, flexible and creative enough to respond to the challenges posed by alternative or competing political systems?
The SCRIPTS blog assembles a variety of analytical views, opinions and commentaries by members and guest authors. Topics vary from up-to-date to more general issues. They all relate to the Liberal Script in its current varieties as well as possible future evolutions in its regional and global interrelations.
- № 30 from Apr 15, 2021Lethal Patents: Europe and America Protect the Pharmaceutical Industry – Not Their Citizens
- № 29 from Mar 30, 2021South Korean Response to COVID-19 and Epidemic Orientalism in Germany
- № 28 from Mar 25, 2021Vaccine Nationalism: Focus on Africa
- № 27 from Mar 16, 2021Imagining a Post-pandemic Political Order?
- № 26 from Mar 09, 2021This is Not a Game
- № 25 from Feb 23, 2021China from the Year of the Rat to the Ox
- № 24 from Feb 16, 2021Presidential Libraries and the Liberal Script or: How (Not) to Remember Donald Trump
- № 23 from Feb 11, 2021Gamestop and Democracy: The Game is On
- Feb 09, 2021Wait a Minute – Is China Really the Winner? A Response to Blog № 22