Supervisor: Prof. Dr. Michael Zürn
Topic of the PhD Thesis: Bureaucratic Power, International Legitimacy, and the Translation of Norms in the Administration of Refugee Resettlement
Freie Universität Berlin and WZB Berlin Social Science Center
Doctoral Researcher, RU Orders, Representative Doctoral Researchers
Education and Work Experience
- Since 09/2021: Freie Universität Berlin and Berlin Social Science Center (WZB), Cluster of Excellence "Contestations of the Liberal Script", Berlin Graduate School for Global and Transregional Studies, Berlin, Doctoral Researcher
- 06/2019-07/2021: Samuel Hall, Ethiopia/Afghanistan/Tunisia, Research Assistant/Project Manager
- 08/2016-05/2019: Paris School of International Affairs (PSIA) - Sciences Po, Paris, M.A. Human Rights and Humanitarian Action
- 06/2014-07/2016: Peace Corps - Ethiopia, Education Sector
- 09/2010-05/2014: Macalester College, B.A. Theatre and Critical Theory
- International Humanitarian Governance
- Refugee/Asylum Administration
- Role of International Organisations
- Political Discourses
- Majidi, N. Kasavan, C. and Harindranath, G. 'In Support of Return and Reintegration? A Roadmap for Responsible Use of Technology', chapter in Handbook on Technology and Migration. Forthcoming 2021.
- Majidi, N. and Kasavan, C. 2019, 'Innovative Responses to Assisting Migrants Caught in Crisis', in IOM World Migration Report 2020, International Organization for Migration: Geneva.