Jobs: 2 Student assistants (m/w/d) (40h/month). Limited to 2 Years Code: SHK_SCRIPTS_BIRT_2021
We are seeking to employ two student assistants for the Berlin International College of Research and Graduate Training (BIRT), which is part of the Cluster of Excellence "Contestations of the Liberal Script" (SCRIPTS)
News from Jun 22, 2021
SCRIPTS examines contemporary contestations over the model of liberal democracy and market economy from historical, global, and comparative perspectives. It combines the expertise available in Berlin in the social sciences and regional studies, and cooperates with research institutions in all world regions and practical institutions from politics, culture and society. The Cluster of Excellence also cooperates with international partner institutions around the world and has a broad international network, as well as comprehensive doctoral and postdoctoral support within the framework of the Berlin International College of Research and Graduate Training (BIRT). The cluster's diverse research projects span the various partner institutions and thematic areas that the cluster researches and offer the opportunity to gain insight into the work of a large research network.
We value diversity and therefore welcome all applications - regardless of gender, nationality, ethnic and social origin, religion/belief, disability, age, and sexual orientation and identity. Applications from women and applicants with a migration biography are expressly welcome. People with recognized disabilities will be given priority in cases of equal suitability.
- Support in the thematic preparation and implementation of the courses of the doctoral program.
- Support of the scientific work of the coordinator (e.g. literature research)
- Support in the supervision of international young researchers
- Support in the scientific conception and organization of events in Berlin
- Support in the scientific conception and implementation of the application process
- At least 2 university semesters in Bachelor's or started Master's studies in fields relevant to the Cluster of Excellence.
- Proficient handling of MS Office applications
- At least C 1 English language skills in spoken and written (working language is English)
- Communication skills and organizational talent
- First professional experience, e.g. in the context of internships
- Experience in dealing with content management systems and/or web communication
- Ability to work in a team, work independently, problem-solving skills
For further information, please contact Dr. Isabel Winnwa.
Applications should be sent electronically by e-mail to Dr. Isabel Winnwa at: email@example.com. Please include all relevant documents, including the ID in PDF format (preferably as one document; desired documents include a letter of motivation, curriculum vitae, references, and a valid certificate of enrollment).
In view of the current situation and for the period of emergency attendance at Freie Universität Berlin, we kindly ask you to apply electronically by e-mail. The processing of a postal application cannot be guaranteed.
Free University of Berlin
Department of Political and Social Sciences
Otto Suhr Institute for Political Science
Cluster of Excellence "Contestations of the Liberal Script" (SCRIPTS)
Dr. Isabel Winnwa
14195 Berlin (Dahlem)
By submitting an online application, you as an applicant give your consent to your data being electronically processed and stored.
We would like to point out that Freie Universität Berlin cannot guarantee the security of transmitted personal data if your application is sent electronically without protection.