Job Opening: Officer for Science Communication and Public Relations (m/f/d) with 3/4-part-time job limited to 31.12.2025
The Cluster of Excellence "Contestations of the Liberal Script (SCRIPTS)" is looking for an Officer for Science Communication and Public Relations (m/f/d) with 3/4-part-time job limited to 31.12.2025 "Entgeltgruppe 13 TV-L FU" reference code: SCRIPTS_WissKomm.
News from May 15, 2023
The Cluster of Excellence “Contestations of the Liberal Script” (SCRIPTS) is a research consortium that analyses the contemporary controversies about liberal democracy and the market economy. The term “liberal script” relates to a set of ideas and institutional prescriptions about how society is organised based on the core principle of individual self-determination. The main purpose of SCRIPTS is to understand why the liberal model of order has fallen into crisis despite its political, economic, and social achievements.
SCRIPTS has been operating since 2019 and is funded by the German Research Foundation (DFG) until the end of 2025. The Cluster is hosted by the Freie Universität Berlin and unites eight major Berlin-based research institutes. Cluster research teams are made up of doctoral researchers, postdoctoral researchers, and professors from social, political, and area studies. SCRIPTS is well connected with research institutes and knowledge exchange partners throughout the world, including political and cultural organisations, as well as civil society actors. In addition, SCRIPTS brings renowned visiting scholars from all over the world to Berlin.
The Officer for Science Communication and Public Relations is responsible for science communication within the Cluster, including the conceptualization, planning and realization of communication formats as well as events, and in charge of public relations and marketing of the Cluster addressing different scientific and non-scientific target groups. The strategic planning and conceptualization is done in close cooperation with the Cluster leadership.
The selection is done according to the SCRIPTS Diversity Rules & Guidelines: https://www.scripts-berlin.eu/about-us/Diversity/SCRIPTS_-Diversity_-Rules-_-Guidelines1/index.html
- Strategic planning and execution of the science communication concept of SCRIPTS, conceptualization of appropriate communication formats (e.g. audio-visual material) for scientific events and the dissemination of research results together with the Cluster leadership, researchers and the Knowledge Exchange Lab
- Network building and maintenance in the areas of public relations (e.g. national and international press meetings) and media and expert referral to media and other multipliers in cooperation with the communication departments of FU Berlin and the SCRIPTS partners
- Planning, coordination, editing and distribution of the quarterly newsletter, identification of target groups
- Conceptual development, planning, editorial production, and support of the website and social media activities (Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube)
- Conception/editing, implementation of audio and video content (podcast, videocasts) in cooperation with Cluster’s researchers and the Knowledge Exchange Lab
- Coordination and editorial management of online publication outlets (e.g. blog, thinkpieces)
Completed MA degree in the fields of journalism, communication and media studies, humanities or social sciences
Minimum one year of relevant work experience
- Interest in and knowledge of the Cluster’s research topic;
- Excellent skills in MS Office, Adobe, CMS or comparable programmes
- Excellent German and English language skills
- High degree of self-initiative and self-sufficiency, strong organization and planning skills
- Excellent knowledge of analogue and digital communication channels (social media)
For further information, please contact Frau Dr. Isabel Winnwa (email@example.com / 030 838 66915).
How to apply
Applications should be sent by e-mail, together with significant documents (Letter of motivation, CV, Certificates) indicating the reference code, in PDF format (preferably as one document) to Frau Prof. Dr. Tanja Börzel: firstname.lastname@example.org oder per Post an die
Freie Universität Berlin
Fachbereich Politik- und Sozialwissenschaften
Otto-Suhr-Institut für Politikwissenschaft
Exzellenzcluster "Contestations of the Liberal Script" (SCRIPTS)
Frau Prof. Dr. Tanja Börzel
14195 Berlin (Dahlem)
With an electronic application, you acknowledge that FU Berlin saves and processes your data. FU Berlin cannot guarantee the security of your personal data if you send your application over an unencrypted connection.