Job Opening: Two Student Assistants (m/f/d) for the Knowledge Exchange Lab
SCRIPTS is seeking two student assistants (m/f/d) in the Knowledge Exchange Lab (KEL) with 41 hours/month, limited to 2 years. Reference code: SCRIPTS_KEL_SHK.
Deadline: 05 June 2023.
News from Apr 30, 2023
About the SCRIPTS Cluster of Excellence
The Cluster of Excellence “Contestations of the Liberal Script (SCRIPTS)” is a research consortium that analyses the contemporary controversies about the model of liberal democracy and the market economy. The term “liberal script” relates to a set of ideas and institutional prescriptions about how society is organised based on the core principle of individual self-determination. The main purpose of SCRIPTS is to understand why the liberal model of order has fallen into crisis despite its political, economic, and social achievements.
About the Knowledge Exchange Lab (KEL)
The Knowledge Exchange Lab (KEL) coordinates and develops the cooperation of the SCRIPTS Cluster of Excellence with practical institutions from politics, culture and society. It develops and implements suitable formats of knowledge exchange based on the overall questions and research projects of SCRIPTS. In addition to conceptual collaboration, this also includes the preparation, production planning and implementation of events with different orientations, ranges and for various internal and external audiences. This is done in close cooperation between the Knowledge Exchange Lab and the SCRIPTS researchers as well as numerous external actors and cooperation partners from politics, culture and society.
The selection is made according to the SCRIPTS diversity guidelines: https://www.scripts-berlin.eu/about-us/Diversity/SCRIPTS_-Diversity_-Rules-_-Guidelines1/index.html
Field of activity:
- Research activities and scientific preparation of cluster and project-related topics in the field of political, regional and social science, as well as overarching socio-political and cultural-practical issues.
- Scientific cooperation in the conception, planning, production and implementation of formats of knowledge exchange between science, politics and culture
- Information preparation and systematic dissemination and incorporation of research-relevant KEL information in SCRIPTS research and work units
- Support for the external presentation of corresponding transfer formats and incorporation of results in social media other communication channels
- Conceptual development of formats and projects as well as identification of non/scientific actors for interdisciplinary knowledge production
- Process and project support for the scientific evaluation, follow-up and further development of knowledge transfer programmes
- Studies in social sciences and/or regional sciences and/or cultural sciences
- Interest in the research field of the Cluster of Excellence SCRIPTS
- Affinity to / experience in the field of knowledge transfer between science, society, politics and/or art and culture
- Good knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point) as well as content management systems and social media applications or willingness to familiarise yourself with them
- very good written and spoken English
- High level of linguistic and textual competence
- Very good organisational skills and careful working methods
For further information, please contact Cordula Hamschmidt (firstname.lastname@example.org / 030 838 66768).
Applications should be sent electronically by e-mail to Ms Cordula Hamschmidt at: email@example.com or by post to the
Freie Universität Berlin
Department of Political and Social Sciences
Otto Suhr Institute for Political Science
Cluster of Excellence "Contestations of the Liberal Script (SCRIPTS)
Ms Cordula Hamschmidt
14195 Berlin (Dahlem)
By submitting an online application, you as an applicant give your consent to your data being electronically processed and stored.
We would like to point out that if your application is sent electronically without protection, Freie Universität Berlin cannot guarantee the security of the personal data transmitted.