Job Opening: Administrative Position at SCRIPTS (Identifier SCRIPTS_Office 2023)
The Cluster of Excellence "Contestations of the Liberal Script (SCRIPTS)" is seeking an office assistant (m/f/x) with full-time employment limited until 31 Dec 2025. Deadline: 20 March 2023
- Full-time position
- Salary group: E9a TV-L FU
News from Feb 08, 2023
About the Cluster of Excellence SCRIPTS
The Cluster of Excellence “Contestations of the Liberal Script (SCRIPTS)” is a research consortium that analyses the contemporary controversies about the model of liberal democracy and the market economy. The term “liberal script” relates to a set of ideas and institutional prescriptions about how society is organised based on the core principle of individual self-determination. The main purpose of SCRIPTS is to understand why the liberal model of order has fallen into crisis despite its political, economic, and social achievements.
SCRIPTS has been operating since 2019 and is funded by the German Research Foundation (DFG) until the end of 2025. The Cluster is hosted by the Freie Universität Berlin and it unites eight major Berlin-based research institutes: Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin, the Hertie School, the Social Science Research Center Berlin (WZB), the German Institute for Economic Research Berlin (DIW), the Leibniz Institute of Global and Area Studies (GIGA), the Center for East European and International Studies (ZOiS) and the Leibniz Centre for Modern Oriental Studies (ZMO). Cluster research teams are made up of doctoral researchers, postdoctoral researchers, and professors from social and area studies. SCRIPTS is well connected with research institutes and knowledge exchange partners throughout the world, including political and cultural organisations, as well as civil society actors. In addition, SCRIPTS brings renowned visiting scholars from all over the world to Berlin.
SCRIPTS diverse research projects span the various partner institutions and thematic areas that the cluster researches and offer the opportunity to gain insight into the work of a large research consortium.
- General and independent administration of cluster units (projects, junior research groups, research units)
- Supervision, processing and accounting of cluster funds (bookings, calls for funds, proof of use)
- Supporting the management in financial planning (budget overviews, etc.)
- Processing of personnel procedures (invitations to tender, recruitment, further employment) Administration of business trip applications and their settlement
- Organisation, supervision and accounting of events (workshops, conferences, jour fixe)
- Participation in documentation and reporting
- Communicating with and supervising researchers and guest researchers in German and English
- Carrying out general administrative, organisational and administrative task
Completed training in an administrative profession or knowledge or experience in the areas of administration, finance and personnel corresponding to the area of responsibility.
Relevant previous experience of at least one year.
- Experience with the organisation of events
- Knowledge of university, budgetary, labour/collective bargaining law
- Proficiency in common office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, CMS)
- Ability to work independently and in a solution-oriented manner
- Very good knowledge of German and good written and spoken English
- Intercultural competence, organisational skills, ability to work in a team
The employment criteria are based on the SCRIPTS diversity criteria: https://www.scripts-berlin.eu/about-us/Diversity-Statement/index.html
For further information, please contact Dr. Isabel Winnwa (firstname.lastname@example.org / 030 838 66915)
Applications should be sent electronically until 20 March 2023 by e-mail to Dr. Isabel Winnwa, quoting the identifier (SCRIPTS_Office_2023) in PDF format (preferably as one document): email@example.com or postally to the address:
Freie Universität Berlin
Fachbereich Politik- und Sozialwissenschaften
Otto-Suhr-Institut für Politikwissenschaft
Exzellenzcluster "Contestations of the Liberal Script" (SCRIPTS)
Frau Dr. Isabel Winnwa
14197 Berlin (Dahlem)
By submitting an online application, you as an applicant give your consent for your data to be electronically processed and stored.
We would like to point out that if your application is sent electronically without protection, Freie Universität Berlin cannot guarantee the security of the personal data transmitted.