Job Opening: Research Assistant at Knowledge Exchange Lab (KEL) in politics
The Cluster of Excellence "Contestations of the Liberal Script" (SCRIPTS) is looking for a research assistant at the Knowledge Exchange Lab (KEL) in the “politics” area. KEL develops and coordinates the cluster’s activities with institutions in the field of politics, culture and society. Reference Code: SCRIPTS_WiMi_KEL Politik. Deadline: 25 October 2021
News from Oct 04, 2021
- Full-time position
- Salary group 13 TV-L FU
The Knowledge Exchange Lab (KEL)
KEL develops and coordinates the cluster’s activities with institutions in the field of politics, culture and society. Central to the work of KEL is the conceptualization and implementation of formats of knowledge exchange based on the cluster’s research agenda and its projects. Aside from the content-based, conceptual work, the responsibilities of KEL include organizing and conducting events aimed at academic and non-academic public of varying outreach and thematic focus. To this end, the Knowledge Exchange Lab collaborates closely with SCRIPTS researchers, as well as external actors.
• Supporting the cooperation with the Cluster’s research areas (Research Units, Junior Research Groups, International Research College etc.) to identify relevant topics and formats,
• Involvement in the collaboration with the German Foreign Office in the subject areas "Future of the Liberal International Order", "World Society" and "Alternative Scripts"; support in identifying formats and subject areas relevant to knowledge exchange,
• Engagement in conceptualization and implementation of the talk series "Future(s) of the Liberal International Order" and other existing formats in cooperation with the German Foreign Office
• Conceptualization and implementation of knowledge exchange formats in cooperation with the 20th German Bundestag (specifically with the newly formed committees and / or the parliamentary society)
• Conceptualization and implementation of knowledge exchange formats for the cluster’s regional conferences in Asia and Africa – possibly in cooperation with the respective regional offices of political foundations and / or the German representatives abroad (in coordination with the German Foreign Office)
• Expansion of KEL’s cooperation with political foundations in Berlin, development and implementation of relevant formats and,
• Elaboration of strategies to include “KEL Professional Fellows” (with a political background) in the cluster’s activities.
• M.A. Degree in Social Sciences or Area Studies
• minimum one year of relevant work experience
• Relevant work experience in the areas of knowledge exchange and / or practical politics
• Excellent knowledge of German political institutions, the German foundation system and the political landscape
• Excellent knowledge of the cluster’s research topics
• Excellent theoretical and methodological knowledge in the Social Sciences or Area Studies
• Excellent command of the English language
• Strong communicative skills
For further information, please contact (email@example.com / 030 838 72436).
All applicants are required to apply online until Monday, 25 October 2021. Please submit your application in PDF format (preferably as one document) to Dr. Gregor Walter-Drop, stating the identifier SCRIPTS_WiMi_KEL Politik: firstname.lastname@example.org.