Job Opening: Research Assistant at Knowledge Exchange Lab (KEL) in culture (SCRIPTS WiMi KEL Kultur 2021)
The Cluster of Excellence "Contestations of the Liberal Script" (SCRIPTS) is looking for a research assistant at the Knowledge Exchange Lab (KEL) in the “culture” area. KEL develops and coordinates the cluster’s activities with institutions in the field of politics, culture and society. Reference code: SCRIPTS WiMi KEL Kultur 2021. Deadline: 25 October 2021
News from Oct 04, 2021
- Part-time position
- Salary group 13 TV-L FU
The Knowledge Exchange Lab (KEL)
KEL develops and coordinates the cluster’s activities with institutions in the field of politics, culture and society. Central to the work of KEL is the conceptualization and implementation of formats of knowledge exchange based on the cluster’s research agenda and its projects. Aside from the content-based, conceptual work, the responsibilities of KEL include organizing and conducting events aimed at academic and non-academic public of varying outreach and thematic focus. To this end, the Knowledge Exchange Lab collaborates closely with SCRIPTS researchers, as well as external actors.
• Support in the collaboration with the Cluster’s research areas (Research Units, Junior Research Groups, International Research College etc.) to identify relevant topics and formats,
• Support of the conceptualization and implementation (esp. the talk series "Futuring the Liberal Script” and “the Liberal Script in Perspective”)
• Maintenance of SCRIPTS’ scientific representation in the exhibition “After Nature” in the Humboldt Labor (Humboldt Forum) and conceptualization and joint implementation of formats of knowledge transfer
• Expansion of KEL’s cooperation with the “Haus der Kulturen der Welt” (HKW) in Berlin, development and implementation of relevant formats and events
• Conceptualization and implementation of knowledge exchange formats in cooperation with the theatres “Maxim Gorki” and “Hebbel am Ufer” (HAU)
• Elaboration and implementation of formats of visualizing scientific output for civil society outreach
• M.A. degree in the Humanities, cultural-, social or regional studies
• Minimum one year of relevant work experience
• Experience in culture management, excellent knowledge of Berlin’s cultural landscape and exchange formats between culture and academia
• Affinity towards the contemporary, international culture scene, experience in project coordination, experience in public relations and editing, online affinity
• Excellent knowledge of the English language
• Excellent communication skills, intercultural competence
• Capacity for teamwork
• High resilience
• Negotiation skills on an international level´
For further information, please contact (firstname.lastname@example.org / 030 838 72436 ).
All applicants are required to apply online until Monday, 25 October 2021. Please submit your application in PDF format (preferably as one document) to Dr. Gregor Walter-Drop, stating the reference code "SCRIPTS WiMi KEL Kultur 2021": email@example.com.